The scope of services of M&P
- Planning and implementation of an IT system for the standardisation and centralisation of commercial processes
- Upgrade of all system components in Microsoft Dynamics NAV and Microsoft CRM
- Implementation of supplementary innovations in the standard software for financial accounting of POS systems
Through the website visitBerlin.de and on-site, visitors from all over the world can plan their stay, find information and book sightseeing tours, tickets to museums and events, hotels and travel offers. The technical features of the diverse ordering and booking options bring with them complex commercial processes. In order to accelerate internal workflows, relieve strain on the organisation and further increase service quality, the IT service provider M&P was commissioned to develop and implement a solution for all commercial systems. The stated aim was the standardisation and centralisation of all commercial components.
visitBerlin employees have been working with Microsoft Dynamics NAV and Microsoft CRM since as long ago as 2012. The software solutions are utilised in everyday work processes. These include:
- Integration of Microsoft CRM for customer management and support
- Connection of the existing reservation and booking system for Berlin tourists
- Integration of an online shop for ticket orders, city maps, souvenirs
- Connection of the six Berlin tourist information centres in the city area in terms of POS
Ready for the future of modern destination marketing: from 2018 to 2019, M&P upgraded all the system components. In order to set up the commercial systems for the future and adapt them to the increasing demands of growing numbers of visitors, we carried out detailed analyses with those responsible at visitBerlin and evaluated experiences from six years of work with Microsoft Dynamics NAV and Microsoft CRM. The insights gained from this helped us a great deal in setting up a uniform, significantly improved system –innovations in the standard software for financial accounting of the POS systems also contributed in this regard.
The new system went live on 1.4.2019.