The scope of services of M&P
- Preparation of the tender for technical, infrastructural and commercial FM services for the entire property – in accordance with the provisions of public procurement law
- Support in the procurement process and implementation
Ground control to M&P: in 2018, our team was commissioned with the preparation and implementation of a tender for FM services on the property of the former ‘central airport’ Berlin-Tempelhof.
The former Berlin-Tempelhof airport building was largely completed at the beginning of the Second World War in 1939. Apart from the check-in hall and the roof of the terminal, the airport suffered no major war-related damage. As a result, from the end of the war until the end of the blockade, the so-called Allied Candy Bombers were able to take off and land safely.
In the 1950s, the airport was reopened for civilian use.
Since the cessation of flight operations in 2008, the 1.2 km long building of the historic airport has at different times been a location for companies and institutions, had various temporary uses, and operated as a versatile event location and tourist attraction. From autumn 2015 until, potentially, the end of 2019, the state of Berlin has also used parts of the building for refugee aid purposes.
A special feature of the property is that it is protected in its entirety as a historical monument.
M&P sets out the framework for future facility management
M&P prevailed in the tender process in June 2018 and was commissioned to retender the technical, infrastructural and commercial facility management services for the entire property.
The following services are provided by M&P in this context:
1. Preparation of the call for tenders in facility management in accordance with the provisions of public procurement law
- Drawing up the draft contract
- Creation of service descriptions for outdoor facility cleaning and maintenance incl. winter service and pest control, technical building management, maintenance cleaning incl. pest control, glass cleaning, property protection services incl. key management and car park operator services, as well as commercial building management incl. tenant support
- Creation of highly digital FM operating concept, especially in order processing, and a transparent service management concept based on KPIs
- Expansion and restructuring of the existing CAFM system with this aim in mind
- Aligning of the client’s FM organisation with the new business model
- Creation of the respective service specifications » Creation of a target cost forecast
2. Support in the procurement process
- Support for the Europe-wide competitive bidding
- Consultation on the subsequent negotiation process, especially the preparation, implementation and recording of discussions with bidders
3. Implementation support
- Support for the start-up and implementation phase of the new service providers
The entire project is scheduled to last 21 months, with the new service providers to be found by summer 2019.
Our work at the former site of Berlin-Tempelhof Airport once again shows why M&P stands out from the crowd: we create the greatest possible added value for our customers – because we bring together high levels of expertise in the fields of consulting, engineering, energy and IT solutions and optimally align them with the requirements of a project.